TsAGI holds NextPro IV workshop for young professionals of the Institute
2 December 2016
In late November, the Central AeroHydrodynamic Institute named after professor N.E. Zhukovsky (TsAGI, part of the National Research Center “Institute named after N.E. Zhukovsky”) held the fourth and final stage of a series of NextPro specialists for young professionals.
The event, initiated by TsAGI, is aimed at the development of the Institute’s human resources, training in cooperation and management skills. The moderators of the educational project were such foreign experts of aerospace reasearch and project management as Dr. Georges Bridel, Ex-Vice President of the Airbus Advanced Design and Technology Department, Professor Joachim Szodruch, the honorary chairman of IFAR, the former Head of the German Aerospace Center DLR, and Maria Szodruch, PhD in psychology, the leading European specialist in psychological training and intercultural communication.
The participants of NextPro IV were greeted by Sergey Chernyshev, the Director General of TsAGI and member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
See more details in the photo report.
· In addition to training lectures, the workshop program included practical classes of project management. The young professionals had an opportunity of offering solutions to the tasks handled by the leading European research organizations at the moment.
· The workshop allowed for the young professionals to share the experience of competent foreign authorities.
· NextPro IV gathered over 20 young scientists and specialists of TsAGI, among them being both regular participants of the project and newcomers.
· One of the practical classes was devoted to the noise reduction research conducted by the European aviation community.
· To plan a career, one has to realize his or her actual opportunities and set attainable goals. Such goals were a subject of one of the trainings.
· Each participant had a task of describing his or her achievements, hobbies, dreams and prospects — and visually presenting the “self-portrait” to the colleagues.
· The cross-cultural communication, which plays an important role in implementation of international projects, was a special focus at the workshop. The young professionals examined this topic taking the EADS Corporation comprising European enterprises as an example.
· Participants of NextPro IV offered ways of harmonizing relationships of representative belonging to different cultures.
· Three days of workshops were marked by a positive and friendly atmosphere. Upon completion every young professional received a certificate from Sergey Chernyshev.