Wind tunnel T-128
|Flow Mach number||0.15–1.7|
|Reynolds number per 1 m||up to 41*106|
|Total pressure||20–400 kPa|
|Dynamic pressure||up to 80 kPa|
|Test section dimensions:|
|Cross section area||2.75 х 2.75 m|
|Test section length||12 m|
|Length||up to 3 m|
|Wing span||up to 2.2 m|
|Angle of attack (α)||-30º -55º|
|Side slip angle(β)||±15 m|
The wind tunnel is equipped with four interchangeable test sections, three of which have variable wall perforation (up to 128 independently controlled panels with perforation ratio varying from 0 to 18% according to the computer program). The fourth test section has slotted walls with porosity degree
- determination of total aerodynamic characteristics of aircraft models and their elements
- measurement of steady and unsteady pressure distribution on the model surface;
- study of interference between the separating stages or cargo and carriers;
- determination of characteristics of aircraft models with flow passing through the nacelle internal channels;
- study of static and dynamic aeroelasticity characteristics of aircraft models;
- experimental investigations of models (visualization of laminarturbulent transition, streamlining visualization by color oil materials and tufts, pressure sensitive paints).
- Adjustable perforation of the test section walls enables minimization of the flow boundary interference, increase in Re number due to
- greater model size and increase in angle of attack range.
- The accuracy of Mach number control in subsonic velocity range is ÄM = ? 0.001.
- Interchangeable test sections with different suspension systems enable wide range of investigations.
- Model preparation set is equipped with precision measurement system (accuracy degree is
The above capabilities of the wind tunnel T-128 are widely used for investigating different models of airspace vehicles, rockets, civil and military aircraft of variuos purposes