Wind tunnel T-104
|Flow velocity||10–120 m/s|
|Reynolds number per 1 m||up to 8*106|
|Dynamic pressure||up to 8.8 kPa|
|Test section dimensions:|
|Nozzle diameter||7 m|
|Test section length||13 m|
The following types of tests can be carried out in T-104:
- investigations of static and dynamic characteristics of full-scale power plants measuring power plants thrust up to 100 kN with the help of special experimental technologies and equipment;
- determination of aerodynamic characteristics of single and coaxial rotors using special rotor devices, which provide rotation of propellers of
0.5-3 min diameters with the speed of 12000 rev/min;
- investigations of characteristics of static and dynamic aeroelasticity of large-scale elastically- and dynamically-similar models of flight vehicles using special experimental technologies and equipment;
- standard tests in the area of industrial object aerodynamics using both steady electro-mechanical six-component balance and inmodel strain-gauge balance with and without stationary groundsimulation screen;
- physical investigations (pressure distribution measurement on electronic modules, flow visualization of different types, etc.).
- Investigations of the flows in air inlet channels under vacuum up to P = 0.2 bar using the available ejector bench;
- Removable protection net enables investigations of trajectories of cargo (or its elements) separation from the flight vehicle
- models, as well as investigations of the process of cargo and dummy occupants dropping and evaluation of the rescue means efficiency.
During 70 years the above mentioned capabilities of T-104 have been used for experimental investigations of flight vehicles of different purposes. Practically all domestic propellers, fans and main rotors, air intakes at high and critical angles of attack were experimentally verified; system and characterist investigated on the special large-scale models.